Apical Group Ltd
Apical Group Ltd is one of the largest exporters of palm oil in Indonesia. It owns and controls an extensive spectrum of the palm oil business value chain from sourcing to distribution. It is engaged in the refining, processing and trading of palm oil for both domestic use and international export.
Apical’s operations in Indonesia and China include four refineries, one biodiesel plant and a crushing plant. Its refineries in Dumai and Marunda, Indonesia, use state-of-the-art technologies, reflecting a commitment to developing world-leading facilities and products.
Apical's business is built on three core strengths:
- A reliable and broad CPO sourcing network in Indonesia.
- Full integration of efficient primary and secondary refinery assets at strategic locations in Indonesia and China.
- Efficient logistic channels supported by Apical's own infrastructure to deliver quality CPO and PPO to a well-diversified clientele ranging from international trade houses to local industrial buyers.
This business model allows Apical to control quality, address sustainability, food safety, ensure efficiency and synergy at every step of the value chain and create value for all stakeholders.
Apical's business comprises the following major activities:
- Refining and Fractionation of CPO (Crude Palm Oil), CPKO (Crude Palm Kernel Oil) and Soy Oil.
- Crushing of Palm Kernels.
- Production of Shortening, Margarine and Powder Fat, Formulated Fats, Biodiesel and Glycerin.
- Production of Fatty Acids and Glycerol.
- Merchandising and Distribution of CPO and PPO (Processed Palm Oil) to the Global Market.
Apical’s world-class refineries utilize state-of-the-art technologies to ensure that the required quality specifications are met. Integrated storage and bulking facilities enable the maintenance of product quality and special needs are met during storage. Refining operations are well supported by its own logistics infrastructure, which includes its own jetty for convenient loading and transportation, shore storage tanks, a truck fleet, a barge fleet, water desalination facilities and a 30MW power plant.
In 2012, Apical became a founding member of the Business Council for Sustainable Development Singapore. Apical is also a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC).