Sateri has released its 2017 sustainability report, documenting the policies, practices and achievements as the global leader in viscose rayon strives to do what is good for the community, country, climate and its customers.
The report is guided by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), a well-recognised framework for reporting an organisations’s economic, environmental and social performance. It has been assured by an independent third-party to be in accordance with the GRI Standards: CORE Option.
Key achievements and milestones in 2017 include:
- Updating our Pulp Sourcing Policy
- Increasing uptake of certified/responsibly sourced raw material (dissolving woodpulp) by 20%, compared to 2016
- Achieving the Sustainable Textile Production (STeP) certification for responsible manufacturing of viscose staple fibre
- Achieving zero fatality in our mills
- Co-founding Collaboration for Sustainable Development of Viscose, a platform to promote and drive sustainable development of viscose industry
The report can be downloaded here: